Wednesday 29 December 2010

Thoughts on Therapies

Enjoying a session in the shooglie chair!
If you’ve never experienced a relaxation therapy or massage before it can be a real surprise to discover just how beneficial they can be.  Carers have told us that some of the benefits they experienced included; helping with untying the knots in muscles, releasing pent up emotions, feeling cared for enjoying time to yourself.  Best of all was that their feelings of well-being often lasted for a few days and helped them cope better overall and get a good night’s sleep into the bargain.
We have some new opportunities for carers to experience a stress relaxation therapies starting in the new year.  If you would like to sign up for a series of sessions then please call us at Fife Carers Centre on 01592 642999.
Here’s what some of those who experienced sessions this year had to say about it -
On using the automated massage (shooglie!) chair in Fife Carers Centre.
“It’s really good! I’m surprised at how effective it is, it really feels like a proper massage – I’ll be back for more!” Miss C
On having relaxation therapies with Linda Dalgarno in Dunfermline.
“They were absolutely fantastic and thank you again for allowing me to take up such a great offer.  As I said Linda was a lovely lady, very chatty and she put me at ease.  It’s like I know her well.” Sylvia
“If you had told me a couple of years ago that my husband would be signing up for therapies, going to carers meetings and finding it all so useful I’d have never believed you!  But I can’t tell you the difference that all these things have made to the way that he copes with caring.” Mrs B
On having relaxation “No Hands” massage therapies with Trisha Cox in Fife Carers Centre.
“Although I am a carer I have my own health issues but we manage.  So for me being given the privilege to attend one of the sessions is just heaven, absolute heaven.  So long may your funding continue for all the other carers out there who could benefit from this because you provide a fantastic service for carers of Fife!” Donna
“Over the past 8 weeks I have received a one hour session every fortnight.  I wouldn’t have believed how beneficial these sessions have been to me!  I feel much more relaxed and able to get my life into perspective again.  The massage is wonderful as I feel as if I am being spoiled and cared for and it gives me time out just for me!” Cath
On experiencing Tai Chi with Jackie Smith in Cupar.
“It was interesting and enjoyable.  Although these were just taster sessions I can see that doing it on a regular basis would be quite therapeutic!”  Mhairi
So why not give it a go for yourself?  Call us at the centre on 01592 642999 to see what is available.

No comments: